Create or edit games
Choose ‘Our games’ from the menu
New game (click on ‘New game’)
It is required to enter a title, the rest is optional.
• Title = name of the game that the students will also see in the app (e.g. ‘Instruments beginners)
• Folder: Games can be placed in folders. (To create folders: click in ‘Our games’ on ‘New folder’.)
Every game must be linked to one or multiple grades or students.
• Depending on the selected option, a field appears with the grades to be chosen or the names of the students to be entered.
Description and messages (optional)
• Description: mostly important for yourself (and colleagues) to pin down extra info on the game. This is not visible for students.
• Start message: ‘explanation-page’ for students in the app prior to the game. This ’start page’ can consist of:
– Text (to be made italic (I) and bold (B) if necessary.)
– Youtube videos
– Files (Pdf or Word)
• Final message: statement for students in the app after finishing the game.
Additional settings (optional)
• When ‘Game is test’ is ticked:
– the game is only visible in the app between the entered start and end dates (+ time)
– the student can do the test-game only once
– the student cannot play the game in ‘practice mode’.
• When ‘Include game in Earz-Library’ is ticked the game is also usable by other organizations.
• Automatic ‘Show correct/wrong after answer’ can be turned off (e.g. for a test)
• Automatic ‘Show hearing again’ option can be turned off (e.g. for a test)
• Automatic ‘Show rating’’ can be turned off (e.g. for a test)
• The ‘percentage correct, needed for sufficient’ (=grade 5.5) can be changed. By default: 55% good answers.
When changing, all ratings (between 1 and 10) automatically change.
• The set time to answer questions can be changed at once for the entire game (+ entered percentage)
All these settings can be changed at all times.
Creating a new (or first) level
• A game always exists of one or multiple (max 20) ‘levels’.
• Order of levels can be changed by dragging and dropping.
• Click ‘new level’, (even) if there are no levels yet.
• Choose one or multiple modules that this level of the game consists of.
• If multiple modules are selected, they can be shown in the following order options:
– ‘mixed’ (so the questions appear randomly)
– ‘in order’; the order can be determined by dragging and dropping, or by entering numbers in the boxes behind the modules (lowest number first).
• At ‘start message’, you may enter a message that the student will see at the start of this level.
• Click ‘Save’.
• With the ‘Copy’ button, the content of this level is copied to a brand new level.
• By clicking ‘Modify’ you can:
– add or delete modules to or from this level.
– delete this level (+ content) entirely.
Determining the content of modules
• For every module that is chosen, ‘content’ must be determined by clicking ‘Modify’ behind the name of the module in question.
• Select the desired content.
• Set various options depending on the selected module.
• Enter the desired number of questions (or correct answers) of this module in this level.
• Click ‘Activate game’. The game can then be played by the students of the class(es) in question in the app.
Until this happens the game is not visible in the app!!
• To edit a game this must be unticked! (Then it will no longer be visible in the app.)